“Faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, and to be certain of the things we do not yet see.” Hebrews 11:1 (GNT)
“Scripture says ‘Those who are right with God will live by faith.’” Romans 1:17 (EXB)
Faith is multifaceted: it is seeing everything in the world from God’s perspective. Faith is not desire; it’s not feelings (which often get in the way of faith); it’s not bargaining with God; and it’s not pretending something untrue is really true. There is always more than one way of looking at things. Here we’ll discuss how seeing things from God’s point of view produces a faith that dispels fears and unlocks miracles and dreams.
- Why is the way God sees things more important than the way we see them?
“I pray that the eyes of your heart will be flooded with light so that you can see the wonderful future God has promised to those he called.” Ephesians 1:18
2. Was there a time in your life that God opened your eyes to see something from his point of view?
Jesus said, “Have faith in God! If you have faith in God and you don’t doubt, you could tell this mountain to get up and jump into the sea, and it would. Whatever you ask for in prayer will be yours, if you only have faith.” Mark 11:22-24
3. Meditate on Mark 11:22-24. God works miracles when we stretch our faith. What can we do to increase our faith in God so God can open the doors for miracles in our lives?
4. Share how God has moved mountains in your life, or name current mountains in your life you want God to move.
“God … is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of.” Ephesians 3:20 (LB)
5. Faith turns God-given dreams into reality. How can we distinguish God-given dreams from selfish or worldly dreams?
6. What are some possible examples of God-given dreams?
7. Why do you think God wants us to have faith?
8. We often exaggerate our difficulties when we look at things with eyes of fear rather than eyes of faith. Most people don’t have enough faith and are therefore pessimistic about big personal challenges. Has there been a time in your life when fear held you back?
9. Being safe often feels better than doing something unpredictable and risky. What might God say to you about this?
“It’s a magnificent land but the people living there are powerful, and their cities are … large!” Numbers 13:27b-28
10. Compare how a problem in your life looks like through eyes of fear and how it looks like through eyes of faith in God.