DARING TO GIVE MY BEST TO GOD
Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best part of everything. If you do this, your barns will fill with grain and your barrels will overflow with wine. Proverbs 3:9-10
Since everything on earth will be gone one day, what kind of people should you be? Your lives should be holy and dedicated to God, as you wait for the Day of God and do your best to make it come soon! 2 Peter 3:11-12 (TEV)
God tells us many times that this world is not going to last. The universe is winding down, history is moving toward a climax—Jesus Christ is coming again. The Bible has more to say about his second coming, in fact, than it does about his first. How would your life change if you used more of your time, money, and energy on what’s going to last forever?
- Proverbs 3:9-10, above, tells us to honor God by giving him the first and best part of everything. What does giving your best to God mean to you?
- Many of us have comfortable lives in today’s world while some are still persecuted and abused. What is important enough to you to die for?
“Live a life of sacrificial love just like Christ loved us and gave himself as an offering and sacrifice for us.”
3. Who would you sacrifice for? Why would you sacrifice yourself for others?
“As Christ’s soldier, do not let yourself become entangled in the affairs of this life, wasting time, for then you can’t please your commanding officer who enlisted you in his army.” 2 Timothy 2:4
4. What distractions are you caught up in that you can you live without? What can you let go of to spend more time giving God your best?
5. Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-13 together. How can you plant seeds of love, faith, and grace?
To be the best I can be for God, I must do three things winning athletes do: intend to win, be disciplined, and stay focused.
Run your best in the race of faith, and win eternal life; for this is the life that God called you to when you professed your faith before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12 (TEV)
6. What are you willing to do without in order to be the best?
7. What do you wish you were more disciplined about?