Be Love Reach - Local
Alta Vista Elementary School
Alta Vista Elementary School is located less than a mile from the church on South Euclid Avenue. We Be Love Reach with our neighborhood elementary school by providing support for the staff and families in several different ways.
- Buy One Give One. is an ongoing project with Alta Vista Elementary. We supply much needed personal hygiene and breakfast food items for the Alta Vista students and their families. For a list of items and more information about BOGO view here
- Staff Support. Throughout the year we look for opportunities to serve the amazing staff and teachers of Alta Vista in different ways, such as an appreciation lunch and providing supplies.
- Student Support. In addition to BOGO, we have provided students with uniforms, shoes, and other supplies to help them enter the school year with confidence.
- Eaglefest. The Eagle Academy is an additional educational experience over the summer that deserved a celebration. We seek to help the Alta Vista staff & teachers serve the students and their families in ways that ensures the best educational environment possible. See video on side bar.
For more information about our efforts to Be Love Reach - Alta Vista and how you can be a part contact
Mandy Smith, Director of Children & Missions.
Magnolia Health & Rehabilitation Center
Magnolia is located a couple of blocks north of the church on Tuttle Avenue. We Be Love Reach with the residents in several different ways.
- Wheelchair ministry - pushing residents down/back for the 10:30 a.m. Sunday service. Contact Pastor Randy.
- Community Life Group at Magnolia. Learn More.
- Worship at Magnolia. Once a month we bring worship to the residents on a Sunday afternoon. To be a part Contact Pastor Randy.
For more information or to help with any of the specific ministries with Be Love Reach - Magnolia contact Pastor Randy Miller, Connections Pastor
Neighborhood Work Days
Throughout the year we Be Love Reach our neighborhood through work projects, helping people with much needed major and minor repairs both inside & outside their homes and property.
For more information about how you can make a difference in our next Be Love Reach neighborhood work project, email Pastor Randy Miller.
South Shore supports these Local Ministries & Organizations
Sarasota Medical Pregnancy Center
SMPC supports women, men and their families through unplanned pregnancies by providing free compassionate care and resources relative to the choices they face, and long term support and education for the pregnancy and parenting.
Creating places to belong for men, marriages, and leaders through relationally-based small groups. They believe pairing the value of relationships with biblical truth results in individual and community transformation.
In our local Sarasota/Manatee area, they have 40 locations meeting weekly, reaching a total of 400 -500 (mostly men) weekly and 2500 annually.
BRIDGE A LIFE
The mission of Bridge a Life is sharing Christ-centered hope with children who have been abused, abandoned, orphaned, or neglected while supporting foster and adoptive families through awareness, training, outreach, and partnerships. Bridge a Life seeks to engage the faith community in its care of vulnerable children by raising awareness of the need for more foster and adoptive families, while utilizing passionate volunteers to provide impactful wrap around care such as meal delivery, parent night out events, trainings, home improvement projects, and more.
This ministry offers parenting classes that includes the gospel and are able to offer their classes at the Sarasota and Manatee county jails, Bridges of America, Salvation Army, and in our community.